About Ms. T

I’m a Texas girl, born in Lubbock.  I’ve lived in Austin for about 22 years.  My husband, Michael, is an appellate attorney in private practice.  We have two boys.  Noah (22) just graduated from Reed College in Portland, Oregon.  Sammy (19) is beginning his college career at ACC.  We love to travel, spend time with our dogs, enjoy movies whenever we can at the Alamo Drafthouse, and take advantage of the live music available in town.  When I’m alone I love to read, rehab old dollhouses, play the piano and read.  Oh, and I like to read.

I have a Masters in Medieval and Renaissance Literature, and spent some time teaching freshman and sophomore English at Texas Tech University.  I’ve also worked as a technical writer and a grant writer.  From 1996 until three years ago, I was at home raising my kids, who were both Doss Owls.  I remained an active volunteer at Doss, even after the boys moved on down the hill to Murchison, because I love the people and the mission of the school.  I’m so privileged to be a teacher here now and I’m looking forward to another year.

And what about the dinosaurs?  My family loves dinosaurs.  Ever since the boys were small we’ve been collecting them, traveling to see bones and footprints, watching films and reading books.  The classroom seems like a great place to share my resources, and my first class came up with the name Truesdale’s TREXS (Ridiculously Extraordinary Students).  So welcome to the TREXS team!

Roar,

Ms. T

IMG_1292 IMG_3664 11053322_416486028523022_445490418685302109_n